I have compiled a list of the top 5 fantasy players at their respective position for the upcoming 2010-11 NFL season.
1. Aaron Rodgers GB- With a weak running game, an improving offensive line and a strong receiving corps, expect Rodgers to only improve on what was already a tremendous fantasy season last year.
2. Drew Brees NO- The only thing that will stop Brees from having another monster season is the Madden curse.
3. Peyton Manning IND- Easily the most reliable player in fantasy sports. However his value takes a hit when the Colts have the division locked up in week 12.
4. Tom Brady NE- Now one full season removed from serious knee surgery, expect Brady to be back to his old self, even with Wes Welker?s health in question.
5. Tony Romo DAL- Surrounded with weapons who can take it to the house at any moment. I fully expect Romo to improve upon what was already a career best season last year.
1. Chris Johnson TEN- If he can stay healthy, he is the most dangerous player in the league.
2. Adrian Peterson MIN- Had a solid season last year, however he was plagued with fumbling problems and if Favre doesn?t return, defenses can than focus solely on stopping Peterson.
3. Maurice Jones-Drew JAX- His value is enhanced in points per receptions leagues (53 receptions last season), but either way he IS the Jaguars offense.
4. Ray Rice BAL- Broke out last season and replaced Willis McGahee as the Ravens starting running back. In this run heavy offense, Ray Rice should flourish.
5. Michael Turner ATL- After having an injury plagued season last year, Turner is healthy and ready to prove to the league he is an elite running back.
1. Andre Johnson HOU- Best receiver in the league hands down with a reliable quarterback getting him the ball.
2. Larry Fitzgerald ARI- He is the second best receiver in the league with an unreliable quarterback getting him the ball.
3. Randy Moss NE- The Moss-Brady connection has had two very successful seasons and I see no reason as to why there can?t be a third. Plus, if the Jets have no Revis, that takes away two games against the best cornerback in the league.
4. Reggie Wayne IND- One of the most consistent and reliable fantasy receivers since 2006. He hasn?t missed a start over the past seven seasons.
5a. DeSean Jackson PHI- The receiver equivalent of Chris Johnson. He can score from anywhere on the field and as long as Kevin Kolb isn?t a complete bust, expect Jackson to have another great season.
5b. Calvin Johnson DET- This man should be right up there with Andre Johnson, however due to injuries and instability at the quarterback position, his value has taken a hit. With Stafford back for his second full season, expect Johnson to bounce back and have a monster season. Don?t sleep on Johnson.
1. Dallas Clark IND- Clark is coming off of a career year and there is no reason why he can?t repeat the success he and Manning had last season.
2. Antonio Gates SD- With the departure of Tomlinson and the 3 game suspension of Jackson, I expect Rivers to use his safety blanket a lot this season.
3. Vernon Davis SF- He Busted out last season and recorded an incredible 13 TDs. However, his quarterback is Alex Smith and until he can prove he is a legit starting quarterback, Davis? value takes a hit.
4. Brent Celek PHI- He is another TE who busted out last season and had a big year. With Andy Reid?s pass happy offense, I expect Kolb to target Celek a ton this season.
5. Jason Witten DAL- Only managed two touchdowns last season but still had 94 receptions and over a 1000 yards receiving.
Here is one major piece of advice from me to you, don?t pick a kicker until the very last round. Chances are you will find a better kicker in free agency than the one you drafted. Now that?s done with, here is my list of kickers.
1. Stephen Gostkowski NE
2. Garrett Hartley NO
3. Nate Kaeding SD
4. David Akers PHI
5. Mason Crosby GB
1. New York Jets- Rex Ryan defenses have a tendency to cause a lot of turnovers and score off of those turnovers.
2. Minnesota Vikings- One thing is guaranteed with this unit, they will get a lot of sacks and force a lot of turnovers. Throw in Percy Harvin as a dangerous return man and you have a complete fantasy defense.
3. Philadelphia Eagles- Another aggressive unit that forces a lot of turnovers. They also have DeSean Jackson who is the most dangerous return man in the league.
4. Green Bay Packers- A defense filled with playmakers who find a way to create turnovers.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers- With a healthy Troy Polamalu, I expect them to regain their dominance as one of the most feared defenses in the league.