Below is my list of jerseys that I would never be seen wearing. They are not in any order:
1) Rudy Gay ? I hate to put him on my list because he is a UCONN alum. I never cared for his game too much, although there is no denying that he is near star level. Use your imagination as to why he made my list!
2) Tim Tebow - I accept that he is ?down with Jesus? but the guy is so obnoxious that I could never contemplate buying his jersey. Besides, in a few years, his name will be as relevant as Maurice Clarett's. (Funny, they were both over-drafted by the Broncos).
3) Wes Welker - Yikes! I saw an awkward looking fellow wearing this one the other day, and I nearly threw up. I understand that people from New England adore their white athletes, but wearing a Welker jersey would be like wearing the Nazi emblem in my book. (Maybe not that extreme, but you get my point).
4) Tom Brady - While we're on the subject of Patriot's, I might as well put this one out there. For one, even if I were a Pats fan, only girls wear this jersey, so unless I was the opening act at a gay bar, I wouldn't ever dream of wearing it. Maybe if I dressed up as transgender for Halloween I'd wear a Brady Jersey.
5) Wayne Rooney - I'm not remotely knowledgeable in soccer, but when I think of a British person, I think of the inbred looking Rooney. They grow em differently across the pond, and it is a marvel as to how someone so backwards looking could be such a success.
6) Kobe Bryant - For one, wearing his jersey is a bit too clich? in my book. You might as well wear a shirt with a basketball painted on it. The guy knows how to play the game, but being a Celtics fan, I could never wear this jersey.
7) Lebron James - Since day one, I have always sided with Lebron in the ?Kobe vs Lebron? argument, and not that I would have gotten a Cleveland Cavaliers Lebron James jersey, but getting a Miami Heat LBJ jersey would be criminal. No one would take you seriously in anything that you do. When you are being a good guy and you let someone merge into your lane, rather than getting a friendly wave, you will only get shocked expressions and many middle fingers.
8) Mark Sanchez - I have been picking on this guy a lot in recent articles, but talk about a girls jersey, you might as well get a Christiano Ronaldo fathead for your room. Plus, the guy sucks, at least Brady has rings.
9) Eli Manning - I do not vehemently hate this guy like some of the other people on this list. How could you hate him? He has the demeanor of a lost country boy who hit it big in the city. That being said, quarterback jerseys in general are difficult to pull off, and wearing a Giants jersey would send the wrong message. I'm not trying trying to talk about steaks and tires with Sal Vonocachi for an hour.
10) Tony Romo - He needs to be on this list because to me his name is synonymous with Jessica Simpson, and that is a problem. He is also the lead man for ?America's Team?, and I wish nothing but failure for Jerry Jones.
Honorary Mention: Alex Rodriguez, Albert Pujols, Alex Smith, any Notre Dame jersey, any Duke jersey.